Maxbotix EZ1 sonar
Maxbotix EZ1 sonar.
The sonar can output data in a variety of different formats - but we use the analogue output and so it must be connected from the 'AN' output to an ADC pin and can be driven using the +5v regulated supply. The sonar can measure distances in the range 6 to 254 inches.
Assuming you have called your sensor 'myDistance' in Project Designer then it can be accessed as follows:-
DISTANCE_TYPE cm = myDistance.getDistance();
cout << "Distance=" << cm;
Or dumped to the standard out destination using:-
cout << myDistance;
- dump - Dump the last read sensor values to the standard output device.
- dumpTo - Dump the contents of the sensor to the specified output stream.
- getDistance - Returns the distance in whole cm detected by the sensor during the last read().
- getTimeLastRead - Returns the value of the clock at the time when the sensor was last read.
- read - Read the sensor and store its current values. Returns TRUE if the sensor has been read successfully, or FALSE if the sensor is busy in which case the read values are unchanged.