All encoders provide the following functions:
- Returns the number of ticks, as an ENCODER_TYPE, at the time when you performed the last read(). This number will become more negative if the encoder is rotating one way, or more positive if it is rotating the other way.
- Subtract a given value from the encoder counter.
- Returns the number of counter ticks generated for each 360° revolution.
- Turn interpolation on or off.
- Returns whether or not the encoder is using interpolation.
- Returns the number of μS between your call to read() and when the last tick was received.
- Returns the duration, in μS, of the last received tick.