LY530AL 1 axis
The LY530AL is a single axis gyro that can measure yaw rotations up to 1200 degrees per second.
Data sheet: http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/IMU/LY530ALH.pdf
Requires 1 ADC channels.
Note that the device requires a 3.3v supply.
The device operates in two modes:-
- FAST - can measure faster rotation speeds, up to 1200 degrees per second, but with less accuracy, or
- SLOW - can measure rotation speeds up to 300 degrees per second with greater accuracy.
Note that this is not a 'software setting' and so this library cannot automatically choose the correct value. It actually depends on which pin on the device you use to connect to the ADC. The 'SLOW' option is referred to in the data sheet as the '4.5' output (coz its like the 'FAST' speed divided by 4.5).
- dump - Dump the last read sensor values to the standard output device.
- dumpTo - Dump the contents of the sensor to the specified output stream.
- getTimeLastRead - Returns the value of the clock at the time when the sensor was last read.
- getX - Returns the X axis rotational velocity in degrees per second at the time of the last read().
- getY - Returns the Y axis rotational velocity in degrees per second at the time of the last read().
- getZ - Returns the Z axis rotational velocity in degrees per second at the time of the last read().
- read - Read the sensor and store its current values. Returns TRUE if the sensor has been read successfully, or FALSE if the sensor is busy in which case the read values are unchanged.