All displays support the following functions (where possible):
- Returns the total number of columns available.
- Returns the total number of lines available.
- Clear the display and set the cursor to the home position.
- Move the cursor to the home position ie top left corner.
- Move the cursor to a given location.
- Turn automatic line wrapping on or off.
- Turn auto-scrolling on or off.
- Turn the display back light on or off (assuming that it has one and that it can be controlled in software).
- Set the brightness of the display.
- Set the contrast of the display to a number between 0 (least) and 100 (most).
- Draws a horizontal bar graph on the display.
- Draws a vertical bar graph on the display.
The following classes provide additional functionality